USE OF THIS SITE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT BELOW. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS SITE.
WEBSITE USE AGREEMENT
This Internet Website Use Agreement (this “Agreement”) is between you and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (“NASSP”). Use of this Website (the “Site”) signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Right to Modify this Agreement. NASSP reserves the right, at their discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon either posting of the modified Agreement or notifying you. You agree to review this Agreement periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued access or use of the Site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Agreement.
3. User Identification. You will be responsible for maintaining any user identification and password issued to you. You shall not divulge your password or allow any other person to access the Site on your account.
4. Anti-Discrimination. NASSP does not discriminate based on sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion or socio-economic status.
5. Site Ownership and Content. The Site is owned and operated by NASSP and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from NASSP and other sources and is protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
6. License to You. Subject to and as limited by the terms of this Agreement, NASSP grants you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the material displayed on the Site for non-commercial purposes. The content of the Site is only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may download and copy downloadable items displayed on the Site for personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such content. Before making copies of downloadable items, you will destroy existing copies of such items in your possession or control. You agree that you may not maintain more than one copy of the content of the Site at any given time.
7. Protection of Site. The Site is protected by copyright, and the copyright to materials displayed therein is owned by NASSP, or the party credited as the provider of the content. You will abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained on the Site. You may not transfer copies of any of the content of the Site to any person. Except as permitted under this Agreement, copying, storing, displaying, reproducing, distributing, selling, licensing, publishing or creating derivative works of any content on the Site is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from NASSP or the copyright holder identified in the individual content copyright notice. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you also agree not to use any robot, spider or other automated device to monitor or copy the content of the Site. Also, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, nothing on the Site may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, or retransmitted in any way through any medium or otherwise translated into any language or computer language. You are expressly prohibited from framing or linking or otherwise using or displaying the Site in such a manner so that it appears to be part of your own or someone else's website. You shall not deep link to any page on the Site or otherwise link in a manner that bypasses the Site’s home page.
8. Modification of the Site. NASSP may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any Site feature, database, or content. NASSP may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Site without notice or liability. NASSP reserves the right, in their discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Site.
9. License to NASSP. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication (individually or collectively, Communications) to the Site, you hereby grant to NASSP a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to (a) use, copy, sublicense, adapt, distribute, reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, display, modify and edit any such Communications; and (b) sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to Communications. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in any such Communications, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, servicemark, or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against NASSP for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such Communications.
10. Confidentiality of Your Information. You acknowledge that transmissions to and from the Site are not confidential and your Communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting Communications to the Site, no confidential, fiduciary, contractually implied or other relationship is created between you and NASSP other than pursuant to this Agreement.
11. Your Representations, Warranties and Covenants. You represent, warrant and covenant that in your use of the Site, including any bulletin boards or chat rooms: (a) you shall not alter or tamper with the presentation of the Site or upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any materials which: (i) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site, (ii) are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iii) constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate law, (iv) violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (v) contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature, (vii) contain advertising of any kind, (viii) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of facts, (ix) contain a virus, contaminants or other corrupted data or (x) contain any message which is harmful, hateful, threatening or abusive; (b) you shall not use the Site: (i) to harass or stalk or in any way violate the rights of any other person, (ii) to intercept email or other communications not intended for you, (iii) to spam or otherwise send email for purposes of unsolicited advertising or for sending a mass unsolicited message, or (iv) in such a manner that you limit the availability of NASSP’s resources or the Site for others; and (c) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old. Each time you upload a file or post to the Site, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights or have the necessary consents to do so.
12. Indemnification of NASSP. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold NASSP, and all their officers, directors, owners, agents, contractors employees, information providers, suppliers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties, including, without limitation, attorneys fees and costs, in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of this Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. NASSP and all indemnified parties reserve the right, at their own expense, to participate in the defense or settlement or to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of NASSP.
13. Other Sites. The Site contains links and pointers to the other related World Wide Web Internet sites, resources, and sponsors of the Site. Links to and from the Site to other third party websites do not constitute an endorsement by NASSP or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates of any third party resources, or their contents. For example, websites accessed by or through links contained on the Site may contain false or misleading representations, defamatory material, material that infringes intellectual property rights of others, or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. NASSP disclaims any and all responsibility for content contained in any third party materials provided through links from the Site.
14. Information on the Site. NASSP does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed or distributed through the Site. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
15. Review of Postings. NASSP does not and cannot review all materials posted to the Site by users, NASSP is not responsible for any such materials posted by users. However, NASSP reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request, and to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that are defamatory, fraudulent or violative of the intellectual property rights of another person or entity or that, in NASSP’s discretion, are otherwise objectionable or in violation of this Agreement.
1. Limitation of Liability
17. Governing Law. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF VIRGINIA WTHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. The parties agree that in any action arising out of this Agreement or relating to the operation of the Site or content appearing therein, they irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, agree that these courts shall be the venue of choice for any such action. In any action to enforce this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys fees. Without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
18. Entire Agreement and Severability. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between NASSP and you with respect to your use of the Site. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of this Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
19. Assignability. NASSP may assign their rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time and without notice to you.
20. Termination. Either you or NASSP may terminate your use or rights to access any or all portions of the Site at any time, with or without cause, upon giving notice. Paragraphs 7, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, and 20 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.